Dressage2Learn Privacy and Cookie Statement
The website www.dressage2learn.nl (the ‘Website’) is provided to you by Dressage2Learn. Dressage2Learn forms part of the Equiscio partnership. When you use our Website and the services we can deliver to you through the Website, at a given moment various personal data about you are processed. This Privacy and Cookie Statement provides information on the manner in which your data are processed.
Because it is important to us to ensure that personal data are handled carefully, we carefully process and protect your data. As one would expect, we adhere to the requirements imposed in privacy legislation, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). One such requirement obliges us to inform you of the manner in which we handle your data. We use this Privacy and Cookie Statement for this purpose. If you have any questions about this statement, you may always contact us. Our contact details can be found at the end of this statement.
Will this statement be changed at any time
This statement may be amended in the course of time. For example, because our operating procedure has changed or because we are offering new services. We recommend that you check this statement regularly to ensure that you are aware of these changes.
This Privacy and Cookie Statement was last amended on 13 September 2018.
What information does this statement contain?
We explain the following in this Privacy and Cookie Statement:
- what personal data we process and why;
- on what ‘statutory basis’ we process your personal data;
- how long we process the data;
- whether your data are transferred to other parties;
- what all your rights are.
On what statutory bases do we process your data?
We process the personal data we receive from you solely on one, or a combination, of the following statutory bases:
- if required to perform an agreement you conclude with us (for instance, if you have purchased an Instructional Video);
- if you have granted us consent to do so (for instance, if you have subscribed to our newsletter);
- if we have a statutory obligation to do so (we are required to retain certain parts of our customer administration for the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration).
When and why do we process your data?
Purchasing an Instructional Video and use of your Account
When you make a purchase through our Website (an Instructional Video), you will be asked to provide certain personal data during the ordering process, such as your name and address details, including your email address. We need these data in order to conclude the agreement with you.
After purchasing the item, an account will immediately be created for you automatically. You will receive an email confirmation of your account. Access to your account is protected by your username and password. You can subsequently watch the Instructional Video within your account environment.
We process your account and the personal data connected to it until such time as it is closed. If you nevertheless wish to delete your account, you may do so by submitting a request to that effect to the address stated under the contact details below. Following deletion of your account, we may be required to retain certain data pursuant to the statutory retention obligation under tax law.
Basis of the above data processing activities: performance of the agreement and/or statutory obligation.
Customer service and feedback
If you have any questions, please contact us by email, by telephone or by completing the contact form on our Website. To help you efficiently, we may ask you for further details, such as your name, address and contact details, and/or the username of your Account. We will request this information only if we need the data to handle to your request or to process your feedback.
We retain the data we process when communicating with you in any case for the period necessary to handle the communication, and for a maximum period of one year after it has been finalised.
Basis of the above data processing activities: performance of the agreement.
Posting a review
Our Website offers users the opportunity to post a review. The data you use to post a review are your name, email address and of course the content of your review. Our servers also process the IP address used to post the review.
After we have published your review, it will be visible on our Website together with your name as the sender. The email address you have provided will never be published, but will only be requested to verify the identity of the person who has posted the review. In exceptional cases, we will contact you by email if we have any questions about your review, or to provide a response to your review. The IP address is processed solely for the purpose of preventing misuse and automated spam.
We retain the above data for the period the review is published on our Website.
Basis of the above data processing activities: performance of the agreement to post a review and/or a legitimate interest on our part.
- to operate the functionalities of the website (technical and functional cookies);
- to analyse use of the Website and on that basis to improve the Website (analytical cookies);
- to enable basic integration with various social media websites so that you can share content on our Website via your social media account (social media cookies);
- to improve your online advertising offering and to give us insight into the performance of our campaigns (advertising cookies).
We request your prior consent for the use of certain cookies using a cookie consent banner on our Website. We do not request consent for analytical cookies if we have set up the service we use for this purpose in a privacy-friendly manner (such as Google Analytics). In that case, the data are processed on the basis of a legitimate interest on our part in that specific data processing activity.
The cookies we use are stated in the table at the end of this statement.
How are your data protected?
We take security measures to limit misuse of, and unauthorised access to personal data. The measures we have taken include the following:
- We make use of secure connections (TLS) that protect all the information that is exchanged between you and our website when you enter personal data.
- Access to your account is protected by a user name and password.
Who are the third-parties that use your data?
We use the services of various suppliers. In the event that these parties process your personal data, they will do so under our instructions. Therefore, they may not use your personal data for their own purposes. We have made agreements with these parties in processing agreements. Our suppliers fall under the following categories:
- ICT service providers (such as our hosting provider)
- email service providers
What are your rights regarding your personal data?
- view the type of data we process and why;
- have your data amended if they are not, or no longer correct;
- have outdated data deleted;
- lodge an objection against a specific use of your data;
- withdraw the consent granted earlier;
- retrieve and have your data transferred.
If you feel that we have not handled your data or have not assisted you in the appropriate manner, you may submit a complaint to the national supervisory authority, which is the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) in the Netherlands. You can find an overview of all the supervisory authorities in the European Union here.
Dressage2Learn (trade name of the Equiscio partnership)
Nieuwe Veenweg 8
9561 TS Ter Apel
Email address: email@example.com